General Guidelines questions
- How can I get trained to use DocuSign?
- How do I get access to eSignatures @ Berkeley/DocuSign?
- Can I use my UC Berkeley email address for personal DocuSign activities?
- How can I choose which of my DocuSign accounts is my default account?
- Where do I find my Envelope ID?
- How can I get more permissions in DocuSign, e.g. so I can send an envelope or create a template?
- How can I transfer template or envelope ownership?
- I can't find my envelope
- What are DocuSign Security recommendations at UCB?
- How can I fax a DocuSign form?
- How can I download form data from multiple envelopes in a single report?
- How do I move my template from Demo to Production?
- How can Account Administrators add users to their account?
- How can Account Administrators change user permissions?
- How long does DocuSign store my envelopes?
- How can I use the DocuSign eNotary feature?
- Can I send more than one document in the same envelope?
- I can't log into DocuSign
- How do I implement DocuSign Connect and other technical Integrations?
- How do I change the email for a personal DocuSign account from my berkeley.edu email address?
- How do I add fields to Documents?
- How do I manage my DocuSign email notifications?
- How do I access the DocuSign documents that I signed?
- How can I make DocuSign Forms Accessible?
General Guidelines answers
DocuSign has provided a great deal of documentation some of which is in our Drive folder. Our Drive folder includes recorded training sessions you can listen to.
DocuSign also has robust documentation on its website https://DocuSign.com. Choose Support from the menu bar, then Support Center, and search on any topic or go directly to the DocuSign Support Center from which you can access all topics or start with Learning the Basics of DocuSign.
There are also DocuSign Learning Paths, one for end users and one for Account Administrators. These provide foundational training in easy to digest small chunks.
Each campus L4 department or Regional Service team that uses DocuSign may have a DocuSign account. Individual users will not have their own account and will be provisioned via their Department's account.
When your Department is ready to get started, follow the instructions on DocuSign MOU Instructions and Access. Remember that individual users can only use DocuSign via their department or Region's account. .
Please do NOT use your UC Berkeley email for personal DocuSign activities. Use your UC Berkeley email only for UC Berkeley DocuSign activities. Besides being a best practice, using your UC Berkeley email address for personal DocuSign activities or accounts can create problems with your UC Berkeley DocuSign activities and accounts.
If a user has multiple accounts with the same email address, and an envelope is sent, it will go to the default account. This is not something that the sender can control or set in the envelope or account.
The account holder can select any one of the accounts as their default account. When they set a default account, they will always start in that account when logging in and that is the account that receives the envelopes.
Instructions to set default account and to switch accounts: https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-switch-accounts
Log into DocuSign, go to Manage and look in your Inbox. If the envelope has been completed by all the other recipients you will find it there.
You can also adjust your email notifications settings in My Preferences, accessed when you click on your name in the upper right corner of any DocuSign page.
When you set the recipient delivery method you can choose fax.
If the envelope was generated from a PowerForm (versus a Template), the sender or the Department Account Administrator, can go to Manage, select the PowerForm, choose Download and DocuSign will generate a csv file with all the data.
- In Demo, choose Templates, select the template you want to move and from the pulldown menu choose Download. Download the template to a place from which you can retrieve it (e.g. your desktop) but DO NOT OPEN the template.
- In Production, choose Templatets, New and from the pulldown menu choose Upload. The template will be uploaded and ready to use.
- In DocuSign eSignature Admin, click Users.
- Locate the user whose permission profile you want to edit.
- In the ACTION drop down for the selected user, select Edit.
- Choose the Permission Profile from the drop down menu and Save.
DocuSign stores your envelopes indefinitely. It is therefore prudent to implement a retention policy that complies with your department's/unit's regulatory requirements, policies and IT security guidelines.
Yes. After uploading the first document or template, use the dialogue box to choose the additional documents/templates.
Be sure you are logging in with your @berkeley email address that is in the CalNet directory. That is the email address associated with Berkeley DocuSign accounts. If you are still having trouble, submit a ticket, preferably with screengrabs, to email@example.com.
All technical integrations must follow two basic steps:
- Submit a ticket to the Information Security Office (ISO), firstname.lastname@example.org, to request their review of the integration.
- ISO will determine if they need to conduct a review or not.
- Submit a ticket to email@example.com, including the following information: Account Name, description of planned integration. Security ticket number
- The DocuSign team will provide support and guidelines.
- If you want to use DocuSign Connect, the DocuSign team must set it up.
You can add standard fields and custom fields by dragging and dropping from the Fields menu onto your document or template. You can also format the fields for that specific document or template.
For detailed instructions see https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-add-fields
DocuSign provides email notifications to senders and recipients for many different scenarios. By default, all of the notifications are turned on.
To manage notifications
Go to My Preferences > Signing and Sending > Notifications.
- Clear the check box for any notification that you do not want to receive.
- Click SAVE.
Your notification preferences are updated and the changes apply to all future envelopes.
For more information go to https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/How-do-I-manage-my-email-notifications
- Log into your UC Berkeley DocuSign account at https://docusign.berkeley.edu/.
- Navigate to the Manage section using the Manage menu item at the top of the Home page.
- From the left menu choose Inbox to show a list of the documents you received.